This job is no longer available
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £800 million. We operate manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and the United States and employ nearly 7,000 people. We have 16 convenience foods facilities in the UK and 3 in the US providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and foodservice customers in the UK, the US and Ireland. Northampton is a Marks and Spencer Sandwich and Wrap manufacturing site with a 24/7 operation. The site is one of the largest, well-invested, flexible and high quality sandwich production facilities in the UK employing over 800 people.
Reporting into the Operations Manager the principle purpose of this role is to deliver improvements within the manufacturing excellence programme, through sustained activity of coaching, leading and enabling teams to achieve improvement within their area. The successful candidate will also hold responsibility for auditing the UOS principles to ensure best practise across site. They will become a visionary champion of UOS best practise / procedures and use this experstise to develop employees.
* Identifying, capturing and managing ideas to conclusion thus creating ideas culture.
* Coaching, developing and motivating individuals in key skills and the use of improvement tools.
* Communication across shifts and functions to ensure best practise / UOS procedures are used.
* Leading or being part of action teams to deliver tangible financial improvements using UOS tool box that solve and present permanent fix.
* Create and deliver improvement plans with clear financial targets to defined areas of the business.
* Sustained improvement with permanent fix through action teams.
* Clear communication across functions and levels of management.
* Deliver the agreed weekly financial improvements for against detailed activity.
* Previous experience in a fast paced FMCG environment.
* Excellent communication skills across all levels of seniority.
* Excellent analytical skills.