This job is no longer available
Are you an experienced Warehouse Manager working for a UK Food Manufacturer?
Do you want to take on a new challenge and further your career?
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Manager on behalf of a markert leading food manufacturer based in the South of England bordering the West Midlands.
This salary for this role is up to £40k and relocation assistance will also be provided if necessary.
You will be responsible for controlling and continuously improving all aspects of inbound and outbound warehouse movements, GMP, health & safety, material and inventory usages and customer service within agreed levels.
You will report into the Head of Supply Chain and manage a team of 25 operatives.
This role is a permanent role and you will generally work on days on a Mon - Fri basis but as a Senior Manager you will be expected to be flexible to work outwith of these hours on occasion.
You must have had experience in a similar type role for a Food Manufacturer to apply, if you do not have this experience you will not be considered for the role.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Standards of Performance:
1. Maintain all aspects of health & safety / food safety / quality and provide training when required.
2. Plan and manage all labour resources to meet the volume of despatch, picking and goods in requirements within budget and in a fair and consistent manner
3. Ensure the efficient co-ordination of the flow of materials from suppliers internal and external including inter production transfers into the inbound and outbound warehouse operation.
4. Manage all inventory stocks ensuring stock integrity is within agreed targets by maintaining cycle counts of all storage locations internal and external
5. Monitor 3rd party transport providers delivery performance and material handling standards
6. Maintain a customer service level of 98.5%
7. Co-ordinate the validation of goods received with regards to quality and OTIF in accordance with business standards
8. Manage the issuing of materials & packaging to production and manage returns and finished product through works orders.
9. Ensure team compliance with all relevant policies and procedures including HACCP, safe systems of work, environmental controls and hygiene.
10. Manage all aspects of absence / holidays / accident investigations and training
11. Develop and manage warehouse kpi’s and report weekly / monthly
12. Continually review warehouse operating processes and implement changes as required
13. Review and improve all aspects of the AX warehouse management system
14. Manage and control all pallet movements internally and to external warehouses
15. Provide drive / direction and motivation to the team.
16. Provide support to both the supply chain and operations functions to ensure daily production targets are met.
17. Work with all areas to resolve slow moving stock and obsolete stock.
18. Communicate all issues to relevant parties in a timely manner.
1. Smart and effective management of the warehouse operation
2. Supplier and customer liason
3. Proven continuous improvement of KPI’s and eradication of repetitive failures.
4. Health & safety compliant
1. Proven record of managing / leading a warehouse team / operation for a food manufacturer is essential
2. Highly driven individual with excellent communication
3. Strong customer focus with an appreciation of costs and kpi’s
4. Excellent team worker with ability to motivate and coach a team
5. Proven record of managing change
6. Results focused and commercially aware
7. Healthy and safety trained
8. Warehouse management systems experience
9. Highly numerate with intermediate excel / office skills
10. Proven track record of achieving warehouse improvements
If you are interested in this role then please forward me your most recent and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to discuss this vacancy, location or company the role is with in more detail then please call Giuseppe Leo at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060 or 07857 348079 Mon - Fri 8.45am till 7.30pm