This job is no longer available
Our Client is part of a major European speciality chemicals distribution group.
They are now seeking a Sales Manager – Food Ingredients to join their Food and Health Division. This position will be home based and the geographical territory is Scotland & North East England. This is a full-time permanent role. The position will report to the Market Manager - Food and Health, UK & Ireland
To promote the company and develop sales of the full product range to achieve agreed business targets and meet customer needs. To build relationships with key contacts and customers, seeking opportunities to grow sales of existing and development products
• To generate sales and margins by targeting and opening new business on a range of Food ingredients.
• To manage, develop and understand the needs of a growing customer base, making regular visits to these accounts to build, maintain and manage relationships with key contacts at all levels.
• Agree prices and volumes with customers in order to optimise returns to achieve business growth
• Seek out, analyse and develop new accounts, promoting sales of both existing, new and development products in line with business growth strategies
• Identify and recommend new product range opportunities through market survey
• To set and agree annual sales budgets with their Line Manager and in line with business strategy
• Gather, analyse, interpret and present market, product, competitor and industry data to enable development of the forward strategy of the business
• Create and communicate development plans to ensure that business objectives are optimised and sales retention and growth targets are achieved
• Carry out visits to target customers to promote products and provide feedback to business and suppliers of customer response and activity
• Implementation & monitoring of campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience
• The role requires a good technical education and knowledge of the UK Food Ingredients Industry.
• A working knowledge/familiarity of the Nutrition and Health Claims Regulations and Novel Foods Regulations is desirable, but not critical.
• Ability to interpret complex information of a scientific and/or regulatory type and then communicate it in an intelligible fashion to customers and Principals
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to liaise with people at all levels both internally and externally
• High level of interpersonal skills and a variety of sales, negotiation and persuasion skills.
• The jobholder will be required to visit and represent the company at trade fairs, exhibitions and conferences, networking with representatives from a broad range of companies
• Full UK Driving Licence
In return our client is offering a competitive package including a basic salary between £35,000 and £40,000 per annum plus car and benefits.
Please e-mail your C.V, together with a covering letter and details of your current salary to Lorraine Roger, Director, Atom Recruitment Ltd.