This job is no longer available
Our client is an established, highly organised and well regarded food group who manufacture a range of high quality chilled products. The business now seeks a food quality professional to provide technical support to the site ensuring product quality, safety and legality. This will involve the management of the onsite quality teams, working closely with operations to drive manufacturing excellence and proactively managing the customer interface in relation to complaints and identifying specific initiatives to drive standards and reduce non-conformance.
- Experience of the food industry essential. Ideally within the dairy industry.
- Experience of working with finished product specifications and ideally managing a specifications team.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in related degree discipline; Food Science, Microbiology, Food technology.
- Significant experience of food manufacturing processes, including H&S, Quality, Legality and HACCP.
- Significant experience of managing and implementing quality systems and procedures and supporting internal and external audit processes.
- Ensure an accurate and timely specification service.
- Act as first port of call for customer complaints and work directly with customers to ensure resolution.
- To proactively communicate relevant information to the business on technical performance / complaints to ensure that operational improvements can be made.
- Monitor Microbiological results and exception reports
- Provide information to Supply Chain and NPD Team on testing results for new suppliers.
- Carry out visits to customers.
- Carry out periodic internal audits as agreed with the Technical Manager and EFSIS compliance audits – to ensure that we are compliant with BRC standard.
- Implement annual review and write up of HACCP as agreed with Technical Manager and implement updates to Quality Manual, and review of policies and procedures.