This job is no longer available
Laverstoke Park is a rapidly expanding and diversified group of organic/biodynamic food and drink businesses, ranging across dairy, meat and alcohol, based in North Hampshire. We specialise in producing high quality produce and our products are sold nationally in all premier food halls, multiples and prestigious restaurants.
We currently have an opportunity for a hands on “Dairy Processing Manager”
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all dairy processing operations efficiently and effectively in our state of the art facility, including the production of Bottling milk, Cheese and Ice Cream.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that daily production orders are fulfilled on time and within specification
• Controlling and ensuring the availability of Raw Materials and packaging materials
• Evaluating the condition of machinery and equipment on a regular basis and ensuring that machinery and equipment is properly maintained
• Establishing and maintaining safety awareness, including training of staff on safe working procedures
• Taking part in new product development projects
Applicants must have a good understanding of and experience in hygiene standards, stock control, internal and external audits, and be experienced in working with processing equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification in dairy technology (preferably cheese) with experience in a similar role. We would also consider a Senior Manager from a Food Production background. Strong interpersonal and management skills with the ability to supervise and motivate a multi-cultural workforce is required.
This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to join our organisation at an exciting time in the company’s evolution and growth, where progression onto management level within a fast paced and rewarding organisation will be available.
A competitive package is available.
Applicants should submit their application, including a full detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.