This job is no longer available
Working for a rapidly expanding and highly acquisitive food production and distribution business the Management Cost Accountant will be responsible for taking full control of the management accounting for the UK entity, ensuring the correct financial controls are in place and adhered to as well as producing accurate product costings in accordance with Group policy.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant or Cost Accountant to join a new organisation with highly ambitious plans to develop across the UK and Europe and to be at the cutting edge of information to assist with the management of the business effectively. The company already has the highest level of credentials to go to market and a well established £multi-million business in the Far East to build on. It is a well funded organisation which is well placed to gain a slice of a £10bn European market.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Management Cost Accountant will be responsible for the supervision of the day to day activities, forecasting and budgeting and providing financial and commercial support and training to the team.
• preparation of accurate weekly management accounts including sales, purchases, stocks, expenses and KPI’s
• weekly accounts – understanding movements and variances from previous week, forecasts and budgets
• KPI’s – ensure accuracy, usefulness and understanding of all KPI’s
• Margin reconciliation – enhance reporting structure with margin information by product and variance
• Ensure that financial controls are in place, in accordance to Group policy and actively adhered to. Including accounting cut-off procedures.
• Stock counting
• Product costing – prepare and subsequently validate product costing for products etc.
• Weekly to monthly accounts review – ensure that reconciliations are completed with any variances investigated and appropriate action taken
In order to be effective in this role you will need to be a qualified Management Accountant or Cost Accountant (CIMA) with significant experience in costing within a food manufacturing or process environment and month end reporting, with good systems knowledge. (Members of CCAB will also be considered for this role). Strong analytical and technical skills are also needed for this key role as well as good communication skills.
If this sounds like you then please, in the first instance, forward your CV to Suzi Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2 -3 weeks for a response to your application due to holiday commitments. Closing date will be end of August 2012.