This job is no longer available
Strategic Sourcing Manager
£45,000 - £50,000
We are seeking candidates with an impressive technical or NPD (or sourcing) background with fantastic charisma and star quality to take on this unique and rewarding position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated manufacturer who strives to design and produce products of the highest quality. A well know brand, the products can be found in several major retailers throughout the UK as well as online. The environment if friendly, fun and fast paced and would suit an individual who is looking to join a unique company where they can grow and develop with the business!
The key day-to-day tasks of the Strategic Sourcing Manager include:
- Develop Sourcing Strategies for the designated product range that match the long term business needs of the company with the best cost sustainable supply options in the market, influence the business to support your proposals and plans
- Being the main contact between internal contacts and supplier, getting the best commercial business whilst building a collaborative relationship that delivers against agreed KPIs
- Budgeting and managing current cost prices and delivering significant margin improvements based on understanding of manufacturing processes, scope for improvements in the manufacturing process, brand requirements and ingredient sourcing
- Ensuring the 3 Year NPD plan is delivered in line with project timelines and business objectives, providing support to Developers and delivering commercial objectives of each project
- Develop a strong understanding of the relevant sections of the food industry, the food commodities market, the general economic climate, competition and specific suppliers
- Liaise with the supply chain team to support the efficient flow of product transactions
We would consider candidates that have come from a senior role within product development, procurement, sourcing, buying or technical who hold transferrable skill sets related to the position.
Key attributes of the Strategic Sourcing Manager include:
- Strong knowledge and experience within the food manufacturing industry
- Excellent negotiation and supplier relationship management skills
- Ideally CIPS qualified or currently undertaking training
- Project management skills to demonstrate control, rigor, communication and influencing skills
The role is based on the South Coast and is paying £45,000 - £50,000 + benefits including 25 days holiday, healthcare, pension, life assurance, child care vouchers, a monthly massage and more!
To be considered for the role of Strategic Sourcing Manager, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01435 866000 quoting reference 53896.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.