This job is no longer available
General & Transport Manager
c. £45,000 + bonus
South Central / West Midlands
This is a challenging and rewarding role working for a long established manufacturer. Sticking to traditional manufacturing methods, the business strives to operate as environmentally responsible as possible to produce a wide range of organic and natural products.
The main purpose of the role is to supervise transport and the operation of the warehouse. You will manage a total of 15 staff including drivers and warehouse personnel.
The key day-to-day tasks of the General & Transport Manager include:
- Manage the transport and overall operation of the distribution warehouse
- Play a key role in the general management of the entire site outside of the warehouse and transport functions
- Oversee and manage all direct reports which consist of approximately 15 warehouse and transport staff
- Producing weekly production schedule to meet customer demand and ensure adequate warehouse stocks are present
- Managing overall stock in/out whilst reporting and reducing damaged product and waste
Key attributes of the Interim General & Transport Manager include:
- Strong background in logistics / transport / warehouse management
- Experience of working in food manufacturing highly advantageous
- Knowledge of overall site operations essential
- CPC holder essential
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen with experience of managing large budgets
The role is based in South Central / West Midlands and is paying c. £45,000 + bonus.
To be considered for the role of General & Transport Manager, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com or call 01435 866000 quoting reference 53976.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.