This job is no longer available
My client is a successful manufacturer of branded and own label food products. They are looking for strong Senior Technologist or NPD Manager who is looking for a new challanging opportunity.
This role will have end to end ownership of all projects in the named category from brief acceptance to post launch review and will ensure delivery through excellence in project management and leadership.
The NPD Manager would be responsible for prioritizing available product development resources to maximize sales and margin from a portfolio of projects determined by the category strategy, marketing strategy and associated account plans.
The role covers the following:
- Responsible for recipe/formulation input as part of the Costing Process.
- Lead virtual category development team including Senior National Account Managers, Marketing Team, Site Management and Cost Accounting Team in drafting and executing category strategies and rejection of briefs which have no value add. .
- To support, coach and lead by example their team in all aspects of their work.
- Working closely with Manufacturing Managers and GM’s to understand plant operations ensuring the fit between NPD, site operations and category strategy.
- Good understanding of operational limitations on the plant and when this becomes an issue for the development process.
- Have an understanding of UK and European market trends and legislation with an awareness of new product launches and product development opportunities.
- Solid Line management required to allocate resource to deliver the highest return whilst offering motivating and challenging opportunities for development.
- Take an active role in development of account strategy, supporting Account Managers with customer visits/presentations to demonstrate new products and suitable applications to meet key customer requirements.
- Have a clear and consistent commercial acumen which drives all business decisions.
This role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to be part of a growing business, with the chance to work within an exciting industry as part of a fantastic team.
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Tom - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07951 488 912.