This job is no longer available
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 9,500 employees around the world and more than $3.5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
With approximately 3,700 employees, McCormick EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) has operations in 11 countries and is present in key markets with leading consumer brands, including Schwartz in the UK.
We are currently looking for experienced Shift Managers at our Littleborough site, reporting to the Production Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for day-to-day management of a sauce manufacturing process, ensuring achievement of a daily plan, health and safety objectives, production of highest quality product whilst ensuring Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and company HACCP and Quality Management Systems are followed.
The successful applicant will:
• Manage relevant production resources (labour, materials, equipment) effectively to ensure the daily production plan and customer services levels are met.
• Maintain Company operating procedures and work with the Quality Assurance team, completing appropriate QA documentation ensuring product quality and the support of all quality and customer standards.
• Assist in the implementation of operational project goals and report performance measures, providing information for relevant KPI’s in support of the established Company objectives.
• Coordinate the activities of the team, ensuring that labour is utilised effectively and that objectives are communicated.
• Assess performance of staff by maintaining formal performance review documentation, developing a training and development plan, and ensuring goals and objectives are communicated and reviewed to motivate, develop and retain staff
We are looking for someone who has worked in the food industry with the following skills and experience:
• Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment in progressively responsible roles.
• Education to A-level standard/NVQ level 3 Team Leading/NEBSM Supervisory Management or equivalent would be a distinct advantage.
• Exposure to the development of a lean manufacturing environment and delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
• Engineering skill / knowledge would be an advantage.
• Proven experience and ability in leading, motivating, coaching and delegating.
• Numerate with the ability to analyse and present basic statistical data.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please send us your CV with a covering letter by clicking the apply now button.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.