This job is no longer available
Assistant Technical Manager
£38,000 to £40,000
We are recruiting Assistant Technical Manager to support the Technical Manager and provide leadership to the quality function at a high volume chilled food manufacturing facility.
Ideally applicants should be degree/HND qualified in a food related subject. It is essential that applicants have previous (recent) hands-on technical experience within food manufacturing, microbiological awareness to an advanced level and are familiar with food manufacturing standards and legislation.
This could be the next move for an ambitious QA Manager looking to progress within the technical function.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidates with 3 to 5 years (recent) technical experience, preferably within chilled food environment, who have
- Understanding of customer specific codes of practice.
- Advanced Food Hygiene qualifications
- Experience in health & safety and management of quality systems.
- A strong track record in microbiological and hygiene based management programmes.
- Knowledge of understanding of PPC and environmental management systems.
- Awareness of Ethical trading requirements and control systems.
- Lead Assessor Audit qualifications.
- Experience of dealing with high profile customers.
- Management experience leading teams of at least 5 from diverse technical activities