This job is no longer available
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 9,500 employees around the world and more than $3.5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. Consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries and our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,700 employees, McCormick EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) has operations in 11 countries and is present in key markets with leading consumer brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
We are currently looking for and experienced Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst (business to business), reporting to the EMEA Regulatory Affairs and Technical Customer Service Manager. The primary focus of this role will be to support the EMEA Industrial customers and business.
The successful applicant will:
• Support all parts of the McCormick Industrial business and customer projects with regard to all aspects of legislative compliance.
• Respond to food legislation queries from applicable internal customers and disseminate regulatory information from food research and trade associations to ensure timely responses to internal and external customer queries.
• Support, contribute to and maintain a library of regulatory information.
• Support the Regulatory Affairs team and manager with data collection, preparation for meetings, management of issues and alerts, plus driving continuous improvement in how the department operates and the service it provides.
• Support all the internal process flows (NPC, C/S, HALB, VERP, FERTS, etc.) as applicable.
• Via the artwork approval process, ensure that all artwork / labels comply with relevant legislation.
• Attend relevant trade association committee meetings, playing an active role and proactively lobbying and encouraging the legislators and trade associations via these committees, or directly, to build sensible and meaningful legislation based upon fact, whilst driving for the best possible outcome for the business and its customers.
• Be the EMEA regulatory expert in certain defined areas of EU and International legislation.
• Support the industrial business from a regulatory perspective in all geographical areas of manufacturing and where products are sold.
• Support the Consumer / Food Service sector of the business as and when applicable.
We are looking for someone who has worked in the food industry with the following skills and experience:
• Graduate, or equivalent, in a science/food related subject.
• Relevant exposure to Regulatory Affairs in a technical role, within the food industry.
• PC literate (Excel/PowerPoint to advanced level).
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Able to deal with lengthy, technical documents and identify/summarise the relevant parts for the business.
• Self –sufficient and able to work independently.
• Excellent Relationship building/networking skills.
• Confident, tenacious.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• French language skills would be advantageous, but is not essential.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please send us your CV with a covering letter via the below apply now link.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.