This job is no longer available
Senior Food Product Development Technologist
We are looking to recruit a Senior Food Product Development Technologist based in our Borehamwood Head Office who will help develop existing and new products for the Pizza Hut Menu. Pizza Hut UK has 350 restaurants.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Developing existing and new products for Pizza Hut Menu. Develop from handmade kitchen sample, to supplier prototype and fully scalable and launchable product.
• Working for Pizza Hut UK and focusing on restaurant menu development. Menu changes approx 4 times a year with a fast paced development cycle.
• Culinary expertise and use of relevant food trends to enable creative product development to deliver relevant products for the menu.
• Interpret marketing and menu briefs to relevant culinary projects and bring these to life.
• Develop new and existing menu products in our kitchen that use Pizza Hut equipment and process and test these robustly.
• Brief suppliers and manage their product development with Pizza Hut.
• Ensure products are operationally friendly and suitable for consistent execution in restaurants.
• Present products or projects at meetings, demonstrations and for photography.
• Maintain up to date and accurate information at all times and for training materials and costs.
• As with all members of the team, take part in ingredient ordering, keeping the kitchen clean and tidy, plus buying ingredients.
• Working with the Head of Food but with own projects to lead, and internally with Marketing, Operations, Training and SCM and all internal departments plus a wide range of suppliers.
• A degree in Food Technology or similar.
• At least 1 years experience as a Chef or in a culinary environment.
• 2+ years experience in product or technical development, within a restaurant, food manufacturing or retail environment.
• Must be able to undertake hands on kitchen development with a strong knowledge of food trends and developing to specific customer needs.
• Good personal organization ability.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong communication skills - written & verbal.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to liaise and influence with external suppliers.
• Strong UK restaurant awareness and competitor understanding.
• Able to articulate technical hurdles and to manage suppliers to achieve tight deadlines.
• Team player able to influence peers in ways to achieve common goals.
• Ability to pass on clear information during training programs
• Self-motivated and able to function as part of a group and in isolation.
• Ability to pass accurate, detailed and relevant information to senior team.
• Candidate should have a driving license. Be able to stay away from home occasionally.
• Willing to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours occasionally for supplier trials, store training etc.