This job is no longer available
New Product Development (NPD) Technologist
12 month contract
£20,000 - £24,000
You will be working for one of the leading chilled and frozen manufacturers in the UK producing both well-known branded products and retailer own. The business currently operates from 8 sites within the UK and has recently undergone rapid expansion so therefore this is a very exciting time to join the team.
The key day-to-day tasks of the New Product Development (NPD) Technologist include:
- Assist in the development of successful products from concept to launch, ensuring that all products meet commercial, technical and customer requirements
- Liaising internally with Marketing, Technical, Production and Commercial Teams to ensure the successful development of products
- Liaise with the Development Chef in the achievement of objectives and play an active role in the development of the company’s overall strategy
- Maintain awareness of new, innovative ingredients, raw materials, suppliers and relevant market trends to assist in the development of ‘first to market’ products
Key attributes of the New Product Development (NPD) Technologist include:
- Previous experience of working in a new product development role in food manufacturing
- Educated to a degree level within a Food Science / Technology related discipline
- Experience of working in a role with major retailer contact highly advantageous
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and good problem solving skills
The role is based in the Home Counties and is paying £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience.
To be considered for the role of New Product Development (NPD) Technologist, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01435 866000 quoting reference 53955.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.