This job is no longer available
Mars is a family owned company with worldwide annual sales of over $30 billion. Since 1932 Mars has been producing much loved brands in the UK including MARS, SNICKERS, , EXTRA, , PEDIGREE, WHISKAS, UNCLE BEN’S, and FLAVIA.
At our manufacturing site in Leeds, we are the Global Head Office for Mars Pet Care & Treats producing Dentastix, Rodeo and Markies. Mars Care & Treats is at the forefront of developing new and exciting pet care and treat products.We have a fantastic opportunity within the Research and Development team for a Product Design Senior Scientist.
We are looking for someone to lead the development of new and exciting pet care and treats! You’ll contribute to a deeper understanding of our target customers needs and how we can provide product solutions.
We are looking for someone who can;
- Deliver technical product development of Care & Treats Innovation and Renovation projects.
- Work with Marketing, Packaging Innovation, Applied Science & Innovation, to establish targets and key routes of implementation.
- Develop product solutions which deliver to defined consumer & customer benefits.
- Act as product custodians for Dog & Cat products in the Care & Treats portfolio.
- Interface with R&D at Care & Treats units across the world to share best practice.
Result driven, you’ll seek the opportunity to apply your abilities in an environment where your opinion counts. You will be able to make informed decisions and implement change in order to make a real contribution to the business.
With a degree or equivalent in a Science, Engineering, Maths or Technology discipline, you’ll ideally have a clear track record in the manufacturing environment. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate;
- Experience of applying strong food science and food technology knowledge and expertise (materials / equipment) to the design, development and delivery to market of significant innovations
- Good understanding of common food ingredients and food process technology
- Proven record of problem solving ability using scientific knowledge and principles
- Understanding of Market Research / Consumer Research
If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader and if your skills match what we are looking for, then apply online and attach your CV.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 4th November 2012.