This job is no longer available
Peterhead £50,000 plus car
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join the business & help grow the site. This is a great time to join an organisation which is currently enjoying excellent year-on-year growth. Reporting to the Board of Directors, and a member of the senior management team, you will have responsibility for all site engineering, including maintenance, services, stores and project engineering.
Areas of focus will be:
Leadership; Communication & Influencing; Maintaining Customer Focus; Improving Standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring maintenance, services and projects are safe, efficient and meet all requirements.
- Ownership of engineering standards for the whole site.
- Budget management of capital projects and overheads.
- Overall asset OEE improvement through reduction of machine downtime and optimisation of performance via best application of systems and the utilisation of the engineering maintenance team.
- Development and execution of engineering strategy and continuous improvement vision.
- Ensuring a structured and systematic approach to capital projects, ensuring best value for the business to the required specification and completed to the agreed timeline. Project management will be a key part of the role.
To be successful, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
-Substantial previous experience at Engineering Manager level or equivalent.
-Able to manage multi disciplinary teams.
-Able to lead, motivate, inspire, coach and develop others.
-Able to develop and build effective working relationships with your colleagues and your engineering team.
-Successful implementation of Lean manufacturing techniques.
-A track record of change engagement.
-Excellent project management experience.
-Commercial awareness and experience of managing budgets.
-Be degree qualified or equivalent (preferred but not essential).