This job is no longer available
Peterhead £16-18k Basic DOE
We are currently looking for a Storeman to join the Engineering team. This is a great time to join an organisation which is currently enjoying excellent year-on-year growth. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, and a member of a team of multi-disciplined maintenance and service engineers, you will have full responsibility for the management of the Engineering stores.
You main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Ordering parts in the most cost effective way in line with engineering requirements.
• Checking goods delivered against suppliers paperwork.
• Checking goods delivered against computerised system.
• Updating computer system with delivery details.
• Preparing paperwork for returning goods to suppliers.
• Management of the booking out/in system for all engineers.
• Carry out general tasks as required by Engineering Management.
• Participating in keeping all work areas clean, safe and tidy.
• Report to Engineering Management any issues which are likely to affect the smooth running of the store.
• Identify any training requirements which may benefit personally or to the department.
• Maintain a good working relationship within the department and factory.
In order to apply for this role you must have:
• A good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Experience in the use of computerised purchasing and stock control systems.
• Physically fit.
• Positive “service” attitude i.e. enthusiastic, good time keeper, helpful and able to work overtime when required.
• The ability to be adaptable.
• The desire to progress.