This job is no longer available
NSF-CMi Ltd is a recognised leader in inspection, certification, technical services, training and consulting services for the food industry. Our services are designed to provide enhanced legal compliance, brand protection and consumer confidence, and to create commercial advantage. NSF-CMi is part of NSF International (Michigan USA) and has its Head Office in Long Hanborough, Oxford.
NSF-CMi’s Technical Services division is looking for a field-based Technical Manager to work within a team providing technical support to a major hospitality chain.
The appointed person will have management responsibility for the co-ordination and delivery of client outsourced operations and the day to day management of the associated food technologists.
They will develop a risk based approach to manage product quality with suppliers, units and depots and will conduct product inspections at locations across the UK.
The role involves providing technical expertise to the Client Purchasing team in regard to supplier product adherence; also legal and product compliance support to the client to allow the purchase of the right product with the correct specification from the right supplier.
The appointed person will monitor complaints and work with suppliers /distribution/ the client purchasing team/client units to resolve any continual issues.
• Minimum of HNC or equivalent in a Food or Bio Science related discipline.
• Formal HACCP training either as part of formal qualifications or by the successful completion of a recognised HACCP course based on the principles of Codex Alimentarius.
• Relevant post graduate experience in the food industry.
• The ability to lead, motivate, manage and develop a team of technical specialists and support teams.
• Computer-literate, particularly with regard to practical experience of technical data/information maintenance and dissemination applications in the relevant areas.
• Ability to travel is essential.
To apply, please send your CV to: Sue Pimm, HR Assistant, NSF-CMi ltd, Long Hanborough, Oxford OX29 8SG or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2012.