Kerry Foods has a key strategic growth agenda to double business profitability by 2015 - with innovation and NPD as a key enabler, and is investing in the technological capability to deliver this innovation at our manufacturing sites. Following a strategic review of the site Technical and Development functions, we are currently looking for a Process Technologist at our site in Ossett.
The purpose of this role will be to ensure factory trials are planned, organised and executed using a standardised approach whilst also ensuring that outcomes are effectively captured and communicated to all relevant stakeholder groups.
As Process Technologist you will act as a key member of the Technical team, working to facilitate pilot and scale trials at site level by providing local technical knowledge regarding the manufacturing process and equipment. By identifying and actively planning improvements, you will play a valuable role in ensuring that Kerry Foods' products are loved by our customers.
A career at Kerry offers exceptional opportunities for individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment. The successful candidate can expect to gain access to both in-house and external training opportunities along with a career path that can lead to progression within our Technical, Innovation or R&D functions in the future
- Organise and co-ordinate factory trial activities to ensure successful trial outcomes and subsequent customer sign-off and support R&D Trials at site
- Establish process control parameters, manufacturing instructions and validate product standards which will enable us to manufacture products consistent with product design
- Develop and maintain records which clearly demonstrate due diligence and adherence to the NPI process and continuously improve standards
- Co-ordinate the selection of samples during trials to enable follow on sensory and scientific evaluation
- Complete validation of critical food safety processes on a scheduled basis to ensure critical process limits are consistently achieved and report trial outcomes ensuring issues are highlighted and resolved
- Process Development experience within a food manufacturing environment is essential
- It is essential that candidates have a good understanding of the key elements of the product launch process and Food Safety & Quality Systems (HACCP)
- Self-discipline, good time-management and a structured approach to improvement is essential
- Strong relationship building and communication skills are essential as well as flexibility and adaptability
- Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data is essential
- An understanding of the principles and tools of lean and dairy process technology is desirable
- Candidates will ideally possess a Diploma or higher level qualification in a Food Science related discipline
- MS Office use, particularly MS Excel is essential
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK