Engineering Shift Manager
With multiple sites in the UK this is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful food manufacturing business supplying premium products to retail and foodservice channels. The business is a leader within the industry and has a long tradition of manufacturing quality products. They are nearing completion of a £multi million site extension with state of the art equipment.
They now seek to recruit an Engineering Shift Manager to lead the continued development of the team and Deliver World Class Manufacturing targets.
- Responsible for the engineering team on shift ensuring delivery of site KPIs, as well as providing a first class service to internal customers.
- An emphasis on delivering results through effective development and management of your team is important.
- Promote best practice and have a results orientated approach, using the application of lean techniques within engineering to aid continued development and to raise standards
- You could be apprentice trained (electrical and mechanical skills) or have broad experience of managing an engineering team in a high volume manufacturing, food, engineering, automotive or FMCG environment.
- A flexible and hands on approach to people management is essential, and you must be able to motivate a team and deliver improvements through effective people management.
- You will be able to demonstrate accountability and effective delivery of goals with a passionate approach for delivering excellence that will inspire your team.
- Proven lean manufacturing experience and understand how to apply these to maximise plant productivity. This role would suit a self motivated and proactive individual who is looking to enhance their career.
This is an opportunity to work for an organisation that invest in their Engineering department and in the training and development of their Engineers, together with on going career progression prospects.