A career at Kerry offers exceptional opportunities for individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment.
As the business continues to grow, the Technical Manager will ensure the effective delivery of the site Technical strategy objectives in line with statutory, company, customer and best practice standards. Working from one of the group's largest and most advanced manufacturing sites, and with direct responsibility for a team of Quality Assurance specialists, you will act as champion and guardian of quality and food standards, upholding the technical integrity of the site across aspects of food safety and legality and ensuring compliance to customer policy and quality systems.
This is a hands on role and will require an experienced Technical Manager with a pragmatic approach and demonstrable ability to focus on developing their team. Kerry Foods are embarking on a change journey and their vision is to build, develop and sustain high performing teams, therefore experience of managing change is a key requirement of this role.
You'll be the key customer contact for all Technical and QA issues, making sure that our products are of a consistently high technical and quality standard for our customers and their consumers. You will have auditing skills with experience of working to retailer technical standards.
You'll also drive best practice and implement new technology and solutions to enable us to support the ongoing growth of the business.
We are looking for a Technical Manager from a fast paced food manufacturing environment with a track record of leadership and knowledge of food hygiene regulations. Your skill set will encompass BRC, QMS and retailer COPs and you will also need to have experience of delivering to the exacting requirements of major retailers and building sound customer relationships. We are working on a lean program so you will ideally have demonstrable knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing.
This is an opportunity to join Kerry Foods at a time of exciting business growth and change and at a time when we are making a significant investment in our key people, as well our innovation pipeline.
- Lead and manage the technical function on site, setting clearly defined roles and objectives
- Build strong, value adding relationships with the customer, suppliers and cross-functional departments
- Provide sound technical advice to ensure that products are made safely and to the highest quality standards
- Manage the introduction of new products into the business once approved by NPD and customers to ensure successful product launches
- Coach and develop staff ensuring the necessary resources/training plans are in place to meet KPI's and business targets
- Implement and maintain technical systems including HACCP, BRC and customer policies
- Achieve the highest possible rating for all third party, customer visits, launches, approval audits and Group Technical KPI's
- Identify and implement best practice and new technology within the technical function to help facilitate business improvements
- Support business change in the use of best in class lean processes and systems
- Experience of managing a Technical function within a fast paced, food manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience in facilitating team development by providing structure, training and time to all team members is essential
- A proven track record of developing strong relationships with major UK grocery retailers is essential
- Experience of successfully managing audits, such as BRC or EFSIS is essential
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to lead cross functional teams is essential
- Strong communication and relationship building skills are essential
- A flexible approach and a positive attitude towards leading and implementing change is essential
- Experience of working in a high risk, chilled food production environment is desirable
- Involvement in managing an account with Tesco is desirable
- Knowledge of principles and tools of lean manufacturing, such as 8 Step Practical Problem Solving is desirable
- Candidates are likely to be educated to degree or diploma level in Food Science or related subject
- Lead Auditor training desirable