Engineering Group Leader
As Engineering Group Leader at Kerry Foods Hyde, you will play a key role in embedding the site engineering strategy whilst the business moves through its value stream conversion process. By practicing and cascading the principles of the Kerry Lean Programme, you will ensure that Production and Engineering colleagues throughout the site are fully engaged and that they own the strategy within their respective value stream. As the site moves towards World Class Manufacturing status, you will input engineering expertise into the ongoing development of the site and support the achievement of demanding long term performance targets through continuous improvement. Working collaboratively with production colleagues you will ensure standards and procedures are in place and govern engineering activities on site to ensure that the production capability of the plant is optimised and improved and all current and future KPIs are achieved.
Project involvement is an essential part of the Engineering Group Leader's responsibilities and you will be expected to play a key role in the design, implementation and commissioning of new projects.
You will achieve success as the Engineering Group Leader by making the Kerry Foods Purpose, Vision, and Values real within the value stream.
This position would suit an ambitious individual capable of developing the culture of World Class Manufacturing and keen to take advantage of Kerry Foods' commitment to developing the careers of our people.
- Create and maintain Asset Management programme in line with the autonomous maintenance system
- Identify, prioritise, plan and schedule value stream maintenance activities (including training)
- Create and implement project and shutdown plans for the value stream
- Work with the Process Equipment Engineer to identify and manage obsolescence of equipment
- Actively work on cost reduction of top usage / cost items through problem solving
- Document and train maintenance Standard Work and Standard Operating Procedures
- Continuously improve standards by facilitating and executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving
- Develop statistical process controls which ensure process stability, to deliver products that meet customer specification
- Conduct risk assessment on processes and tasks in the value stream, implement countermeasures
- As part of project team you will manage the delivery of key projects(e.g. Jishuken, Capital, NPD)
- Maintain asset related master data (e.g. machine settings, manuals, PLC programmes etc.)
- Attract, develop, engage and inspire all team members for optimal company performance
- Engineering Management experience within a fast paced FMCG, Automotive or Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is essential
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of managing, coaching and developing a team of Engineers is essential
- Evidence of implementing and sustaining change within an Engineering department essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- The ability to record, interpret and analyse key data is essential
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and are essential
- Good knowledge of asset management is essential
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques desirable
- Experience of autonomous maintenance desirable
- Candidates will demonstrate passion and drive along with a high level of ambition
- You must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- Candidates are likely to have a relevant third level Engineering qualification or recognised, standards based time served apprenticeship
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK