Operations and Supply Chain Director (c/o Atkinson Page)
Operations and Supply Chain Director
Six Figure Salary + Executive Package
Flexible UK Base
This is a company with a solid balance sheet, strong cash flow and clear vision for the future. Effective strategies, clear philosophy and a great team of employees are key ingredients behind their financial performance and increased shareholder value. Built on strong brands and innovative products they provide food products to retail and food services business across the world and they are engaged in pro-actively expanding their footprint with acquisition a key strategy for growth.
You will be responsible for setting regional and integrated operating strategies in alignment with overall company priorities - whilst ensuring effective deployment and achievement of agreed targets and KPIs for the UK sites and functions. The scope of responsibility within manufacturing operations will include production, material/inventory control, planning & scheduling, engineering and leadership of major projects. Supply Chain responsibilities will include demand management, S&OP process, inventory, customer service, warehouse and distribution management.
The role will initially focus on the UK sites but is expected to expand within 1 year given plans for geographic expansion. You should therefore be ready and able to take on multi-site and multi-country strategic and operational responsibility for manufacturing, supply chain and distribution activities.
- Relevant business-related degree (or equivalent) – Manufacturing, Engineering or Logistics.
- Evidence of continual professional development in operations and supply chain tools and techniques.
- Good oral and written capability in a second language – French, Russian, Polish
Knowledge and experience
- Worked in manufacturing or supply chain leadership roles, some of which will have been gained within the food industry.
- International operating experience is a pre-requisite – leadership in a multi-country role/remit and/or undertaken international assignment in a multi-cultural, business.
- Experience of leading change projects and programmes using Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Formal Supply Chain training (e.g. Apics, Oliver Wight, S&OP, MRPII, etc) and project experience in these areas.
- Strategic thinker, excellent problem solving skills, strong commercial acumen
- Results orientated, “winner” mentality
- Professionally mature, strong communication and listening skills, able to engage at all levels
- Self-confident – ability to influence and command respect
- Hands-on approach, willing and able to balance strategic versus operational priorities, as appropriate
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work effectively within an international environment.
- Evidence of very strong leadership skills and people management experience – ability to lead, motivate, influence, mentor and coach
- Able to demonstrate the successful delivery of a range of major projects, e.g. Factory/DC relocation, new build, pre-assessment and integration of acquisitions, etc.
- Flexibility to undertake frequent travel, in line with the needs of the business
- Potential to progress to Board level or Global role within 5 years
To apply please write in strict confidence with CV and salary details quoting ref 7163A to Atkinson Page Ltd, Baildon Mills, Baildon, BD17 6JX Telephone (01274) 592372 Fax (01274) 598564 email firstname.lastname@example.org