This job is no longer available
The BRC is the authoritative voice of retail, recognised for its powerful campaigning and influence within Government and as a provider of valuable retail information. The BRC works on behalf of its members to improve understanding of the industry’s contribution to the UK economy protect and enhance the reputation of the industry and secure the policy and legislative frameworks and the economic conditions in which the retail sector can thrive.
BRC Trading Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Retail Consortium. It is the commercial arm of the BRC. BRC Trading’s core business is the development and marketing of the BRC Global Standards; these Global Standards are amongst the most internationally recognised quality benchmarks, providing assurance to customers about product safety standards at manufacturing sites. The Global Standards cover Food, Packaging and Storage & Distribution sites. Associated activity key to the growth and success of the business include training programmes through the BRCT Academy, a global events programme and access to the Global Standards Directory.
The Academy is BRCT’s brand for its training department which offers a suite of BRC Global Standards training courses and a range of business and personal development courses offered through a selection of carefully chosen partners.
The role is responsible for providing training expertise in relation to technical and often complex subject matter. The role holder will be responsible for designing, developing and monitoring course material using their experience of course design and delivery in conjunction with the BRCT technical and compliance specialists.
Specifically the role holder will:
• Write and amend the core BRC Standards training courses and supporting material in liaison with the BRC Technical team
• Write new Standards courses as identified by the BRC Technical team and agreed by the Head of Academy
• Research and advise on the development of new training formats such as webinars and distance learning.
• Support the Head of Academy-Franchise in selling and developing bespoke Global Standards related courses for retailers.
• Maintain and manage the BRC training course content and FAQ pages on the Global Standards website.
• Attend BRC training courses and support their delivery, including delivering training exercises
• Manage the setting of exam questions, liaising with internal and external technical experts
• Mark and analyse course exam results and suggest amendments to course material and exam questions as appropriate.
• Keep up to date with developments in training methodology and delivery.
• Support the Head of Academy Franchise in recruiting BRC trainers and franchise trainers, together with setting and monitoring KPIs for franchise trainers.
• Carry out course monitoring and evaluation through delegate feedback mechanisms
• Ensure all BRC courses maintain a consistently high quality in terms of content, delivery and post-course analysis and support.
Skills & Knowledge:
The ideal role holder will be:
• A strong communicator with a good knowledge and understanding of learning and development methodologies.
• Able to demonstrate experience of working in a retail or food/non-food manufacturing environment.
• Able to demonstrate experience of analysing training requirements, together with design and delivery of a variety of training courses.
• Experienced in developing training material and interactive exercises.
• Able to understand complex technical content and turn into easily accessible and understandable training material.
• Able to communicate and work with a variety of technical experts.
• Able to demonstrate excellent IT skills in order to produce interesting and varied training materials and interactive exercises.
• Able to work within tight deadlines.
• A trusted and pro-active team player, supporting team colleagues in driving a culture of constant improvement.