This leading retailer is looking to recruit a Buyer to oversee a key fresh product category.
As a key member of the trading team you'll be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover & profitability.
Your responsibilities include:
· Planning and developing a profitable and commercial product range
· Negotiating and monitoring terms with suppliers
· Driving costs down within supply base
· Maintaining sales and profit according to budget
· Responsibility for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
Requirements for the role include:
· An extensive background within buying at buyer / senior buyer level
· A proven background in management where you've shown the ability to develop your team and the people around you
· A degree level education (or equivalent)
· First class negotiation skills with a real eye for commercially viable products
· A 'self-starter' attitude with the ability to thrive on a challenge
To be successful, you will need strong retail buying experience within Fresh or Chilled Foods, ideally in meat, produce or dairy. The selected buyer will receive an attractive salary and package and the opportunity to work for a leading retailer that is undergoing a period of change. This is an excellent opportunity.