This job is no longer available
An excellent new opportunity has arisen with us as a Technical Legislation Co-ordinator, working on the biscuit & cake portfolio. The role is based at High Wycombe reporting to the Technical Legislation Manager (Biscuits & Cakes).
As the Technical Legislation Co-ordinator you will:
· support the Technical Legislation Manager to ensure the legal compliance of branded products in the UK & ROI.
· Provide technical support for the timely delivery of specific projects e.g. new product launches, range redesigns, recipe redevelopment work.
· Produce and maintain legally required technical information for branded products.
· Responsibility for the sign-off of technical and legal elements of pack designs.
· Working in a busy environment and often to tight deadlines, providing accurate information or advice working with colleagues across different UB sites and teams such as Product Development, Marketing, Sales, QA, Manufacturing & Consumer Services.
· You will require knowledge of EU Food Legislation & UB Policy.
· Generate accurate technical pack copy information (ingredient declaration, nutrition information, allergen warnings) from recipe and specification details for new product launches, recipe redevelopments & packaging redesigns. This information needs to be provided to Originations, often to meet tight deadlines for printing.
· Responsibility for sign-off (approval or rejection) of artwork designs for legal compliance, escalates as and when required to Line Manager.
· Advise marketing & planning teams on the run in / out of packaging and ingredients for product change initiatives.
· Produce and maintain product specifications.
· Provide responses to technical, nutrition and food issue related queries for Consumer Services.
· Respond to Customer technical information queries.
· Represent Technical Services at project meetings and specification reviews with a specific remit on legal & policy compliance.
· Provide support for a variety of Technical Services Department initiatives ranging from Health & Nutrition projects to working on projects to develop the team's IS systems.
Skills & Experience
· You will have already been working within a similar environment in order to gain an understanding of legal compliance and nutrition. Experience in a technical environment is essential.
· Knowledge of ingredients, nutrition & factory process methods is desirable.
· You will be a strong communicator with excellent time management and numeracy skills. You will be computer literate.
United Biscuits (UB) is the UK’s leading branded snacks manufacturer, producing some of the best known and loved sweet and savoury snacks. From twelve manufacturing sites in the UK we have been producing classic brands that have been delighting consumers for generations and include such favourites as McVitie’s, Jacob’s, Carr’s, McCoy’s, Hula Hoops, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes, Penguin, KP, Mini Cheddars, go ahead! This is a great time to join an organization on track for our 7th year of top and bottom line growth
If this is you, apply now for immediate consideration!