Production Shift Manager
Production Shift Manager
£25,000 - £35,000
You will be working for an international business which manufacturers own branded products which are supplied into the major retailers all throughout the UK. Due to the scope of the business, excellent career progression is on offer to the right candidate.
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the production shift to meet or exceed all performance standards, working with other shifts to develop an efficient and effective production team.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Production Shift Manager include:
- Manage a production team ensuring they are all properly resourced, trained and motivated to deliver a valued service to their customers
- Be responsible for the running of the entire plant and all ancillary areas, out of office hours
- Meet and, where possible, exceed production targets, making sure that the weekly production and efficiency targets for the factory are met without compromising on quality
- Understand and ensure, through all possible channels, that the quality of products is maintained to meet quality production specifications. Monitoring and reflecting upon poor quality complaints and making changes where necessary
- Maintain production costs within set budgets and where possible reduce operating costs.
- Meet Company standards on food safety and hygiene, whilst working within Company policies and procedures
Key attributes of the Production Shift Manager include:
- Strong experience of working in a production environment within food manufacturing
- Previous management responsibilities essential
- Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement knowledge beneficial
- Flexibility to work both days and nights
The role is based in West Midlands and is paying £25,000 - £35,000 depending on previous skills and experience. You will be working a rotating shift pattern which will include days and nights.
To be considered for the role of Production Shift Manager, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01435 866000 quoting reference 54178.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.