Pizza Hut UK is looking to recruit a Chef Technologist to focus on restaurant menu development. We currently have 330 restaurants with menu changes occurring approx 4 times a year within a fast paced development cycle.
Using your culinary expertise and use of relevant food trends will enable creative product development to deliver to the Pizza Hut menu along with interpreting Marketing briefs and menu briefs to relevant culinary projects and bring these to life.
This role involves developing new and existing menu items in our kitchen that uses Pizza Hut equipment and processes and test these robustly alongside Operations, ensuring that products for launch are operationally friendly, with suitable COS as well as suitable for consistent execution within our restaurants.
The successful candidate will work closely with all the members of the Development team and will have own projects to lead. The role will also involve working closely with Marketing, Operations, Training and SCM, plus other internal functions and a wide range of suppliers.
This role also includes
• Managing the test kitchen, ensuring it’s organised, fit for purpose and stocked.
• Developing new products for Pizza Hut menu from handmade kitchen sample, to supplier prototype and fully scalable and launchable product.
• Developing existing menu items
• Briefing suppliers and managing their product development at Pizza Hut.
• Presenting products or projects at meetings, demonstrations as well as photography.
• Maintaining up to date and accurate information at all times including training materials.
• Managing and analysing all related costings on the internal data base.
• Help raise the culinary profiles of Pizza Hut and inspire a generation of Pizza Chefs by visiting their restaurants, demos and training materials.
• A qualified Chef with 3 years suitable culinary experience
• A degree on Food Technology or higher technical qualifications such as C&G Full Technical Certificate
• 2+ years experience in product or technical development within a restaurant, manufacturing or retail environment
• Must be able to undertake hands on kitchen development with a strong knowledge of food trends and developing to specific customer needs
• A foodie, down to earth enough to understand Pizza Hut core customers
• Strong personal organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Ability to pass accurate, detailed and relevant information to the Senior team
• Team player, with an ability to influence peers in ways to achieve common goals
• Self motivated and able to function as part of a group or in isolation
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and influence both internal and external suppliers
• Strong UK restaurant awareness and competitor understanding
• Candidate should have a driving license. Be able to stay away from home occasionally.
• Willing to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours occasionally for supplier trials, store training etc.