This job is no longer available
Senior Development Technologist
Pizza Hut UK is looking to recruit a Senior Development Technologist to focus on restaurant menu development. We currently have 330 restaurants with menu changes occurring approx 4 times a year within a fast paced development cycle.
The successful candidate will be working with the Head of Food and will have their own projects to lead, and manage internally with Marketing, Operations, Training and SCM and all internal departments plus a wide range of suppliers.
This role involves:
• Using your culinary expertise and use of relevant food trends to enable creative product development to deliver relevant products for the menu.
• Developing existing and new products for Pizza Hut Menu. Develop from handmade kitchen sample, to supplier prototype and fully scalable and launchable product.
• Developing new and existing menu products in our kitchen that use Pizza Hut equipment and process and test these robustly.
• Interpreting marketing and menu briefs to relevant culinary projects and bring these to life.
• Briefing suppliers and manage their product development with Pizza Hut.
• Ensuring products are operationally friendly and suitable for consistent execution in restaurants.
• Presenting products or projects at meetings, demonstrations and for photography.
• Maintaining up to date and accurate information at all times including training materials.
• Maintaining Pizza Hut COS and recipe system.
• Take an active part in ingredient ordering, keeping the kitchen clean and tidy, plus buying ingredients.
• A degree in Food Technology or similar
• 4 years experience in product or technical development, within a restaurant, food manufacturing or retail environment.
• At least 1 years experience as a Chef or in a culinary environment
• Must be able to undertake hands on kitchen development with a strong knowledge of food trends and developing to specific customer needs.
• Strong knowledge of ingredient functionality as it relates to Pizza
• Good personal organization ability
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills - written & verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to liase and influence with external suppliers
• Strong UK restaurant awareness and competitor understanding
• Able to articulate technical hurdles and to manage suppliers to achieve tight deadlines
• Team player able to influence peers in ways to achieve common goals
• Ability to pass on clear information during training programs
• Self-motivated and able to function as part of a group and in isolation.
• Ability to pass accurate, detailed and relevant information to senior team
• Candidate should have a driving license. Be able to stay away from home occasionally.
• Willing to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours occasionally for supplier trials, store training etc.
• Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits package