This job is no longer available
Quality Assurance Manager
Salary Circa £33,000, depending on experience, plus a generous benefits package which includes: pension scheme, free life assurance, 26 days holiday, plus public holidays, profit share, staff discount, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and regular share save and share incentive scheme (subject to qualifying period).
Greggs, the home of fresh baking, is the leading bakery retailer in the UK. Expert bakers for the last 70 years, and serving delicious, freshly baked, quality food at great value prices to a million customers each day, in over 1,600 shops around the UK.
Reporting to the Site Technical Manager you will be the site QA representative with a direct responsibility for food safety and quality issues. You will be part of a small but effective QA team. You will be heavily involved with the day to day factory floor operations, ensuring high standards are maintained and current site systems are challenged and developed. You will be expected to work closely with teams across the site.
• Implementing food safety and quality procedures across the site in line with BRC standard
• Developing and maintaining QMS across the site in line with the requirements of the BRC standard
• Managing the microbiological and chemical testing programme, interpreting results and completing investigations
• Driving improvements in the standards of product quality and safety
• Managing day to day food safety and quality issues
• Providing management reports on levels of performance
• Assisting with the completion of internal audits
• Providing assistance with complaint investigations or incident report investigations
• Assisting to maintain the accuracy of information on the finished product specifications
• Managing the site HACCP team
• Maintaining supplier contacts and approval
• Have a formal food related qualification – HNC/HND/Degree in Food Science or equivalent
• Food industry experience essential – at least 2 years in a food technical role
• Proven experience of leadership
• High level of numerical and presentation skills
• Proficient in IT (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, databases)
• Results focussed with excellent communication skills and with the ability to influence others
• Qualified to HACCP Level 3 and CIEH Level 4
• Practical knowledge of the BRC Standard and QMS Systems
• Auditing skills
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button where you can email your CV.