NPD New Product Project Manager
NPD New Product Project Manager
North East - Middlesbrough
Michael Page has been engaged by Glanbia, a global leader in the supply of sports nutritional products, to find a NPD Product Development Project Manager for their growing North East based team.
This NPD Product Development Project Manager role represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly evolving division of a market leading global company. Reporting to the NPD Manager, the NPD Product Development Project Manager will be tasked with leading the product development function for the Optimum Nutrition (ON) range of products produced at Glanbia Nutritionals' Middlesbrough site, in the North East of England.
Key duties of the role will include:
- Project management of the ON account, from a product development perspective.
- You will lead hands on product development and projects for NPD, providing leadership as part of the senior management technical team.
- You will be responsible for the communication of all project information to ON, investigating optimal communication processes.
- Providing a source of ingredient and technical information to advise the business on ON projects.
- Both hands-on creation of products to briefs provided by ON, but also co-ordination of one ON development technologist within NPD team.
- Co-ordination, with the process development team, of all trials and first productions for the ON account.
- Deputise for NPD Manager, including attending and chairing meetings as required.
You will need to be qualified to degree level in a food based subject, and be able to demonstrate a proven track record in leading product development projects within the food manufacturing sector. Ideally you will have had some exposure, and a genuine passion and interest in the sports nutrition industry.
We are looking for someone with:
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to think on your feet in a changing environment.
- Ideally you will have some leadership experience, however this role may also suit an outstanding individual with the ability to step up from a Senior NPD technologist role.
- Able to negotiate commercially at all levels, and communicate effectively with multiple internal stakeholders.
Alongside this appointment we also require a degree qualified Product Development Specialist to join this progressive and growing team.
Optimum Nutrition, Inc. (ON) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glanbia, a leading international cheese and nutritional ingredients group. ON is one of the fastest growing and leading brands in this evolving market place. ON owns and operates two brands of nutritional supplements (Optimum Nutrition and American Body Building) providing a comprehensive line of products across multiple categories. With state-of-the-art production facilities occupying over 500,000 square feet of operating space, ON is the only sports nutrition company to manufacture items in every product category. Whether it's nutritional bars, protein powders, ready-to-drink sports beverages, or vitamins, essential minerals, and herbs, Optimum Nutrition is able to control the integrity of all products through in-house manufacturing.
Collectively, Optimum Nutrition, American Body Building, and Costello's Health Distributors, are the dominant force in the sports nutrition industry with the highest quality products available in health food stores, specialty stores, gyms and progressive retailers everywhere.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply Now' button below.