This job is no longer available
Retail Shift Manager
We are recruiting on behalf of a leading food manufacturer; the business is a £750m turnover listed company producing pork products (fresh pork, sausages, ham, bacon etc) for the major retail chains.
As a Retail Shift Manager you will be responsible for maximising profitability by reducing and controlling all manufacturing and service costs for the Retail areas: Fresh Pork, Sausage and Breaded, whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service and ensuring you and your team achieve all quality, legal and safety standards.
Main Duties to include:
• Responsible for managing a team of approximately 50 - 100 people including Supervisors and Production Operatives with additional agency workers, when necessary.
• Being actively involved in both production planning and operations,
• Liaising with support services such as Engineering, Technical, HR, Purchasing and Despatch.
• Ensure the shift is working to customer specifications and standards
• Ensuring that each shift/team is working simultaneously, advising either shift on best practices and communicating good and poor examples of performance as necessary
• Drive and motivate a team to produce quality product for our Retail customers, whilst meeting production efficiency targets.
• Ensure that a satisfactory GMP (Good manufacturing practices) level is maintained at all times
• Ensuring commercial awareness of all practices within the department, using effective reporting of actual performance v standards.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management within the business.
• Ensuring your team is working within the company policies and procedures and taken appropriate action where necessary.
• Proactively contribute to continuous improvement within your department, being actively involved in, and encourage your team to put forward new initiatives for discussion.
• Be confident in your decision making and have strong interpersonal skills.
• To always act in the best interest of the company.
You have a moral & legal duty of care to those employees working within your area of responsibility and as such your duties will include:
• Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk to health & safety in your area
• Ensuring that all information relevant to “preventative and protective measures” is passed to your subordinates
• Liaise with the health & safety department to establish controls for health & safety to include:
o Daily Start Up checks
o Accident & Near Miss Investigations
o Monitoring of corrective actions
o Coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery & equipment in your area of responsibility
In addition, you will undertake any training that the company deems necessary that may assist you to effect the above responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications Required
• Strong computer skills, ideally with knowledge of FOPS system.
• Ability to work on own initiative whilst managing and motivating a full department
• Excellent communication skills, being confident in dealing with visitors and auditors.
• High level of literacy and numeracy skills, being able to complete and produce clear and coherent paperwork required for production and technical standards/traceability
• Confident in managing a large team of people within a fast pace environment
Successful candidates should expect to receive:
• £30,000 - £35,000
• Genuine career progression
To apply please send your current and up to date CV to Melissa Smith quoting Job Ref – NSJ456