Production Shift Manager
- Accountable for all raw ingredients ensuring they are of the highest Quality.
- Efficient start of shift by ensuring a presence in production area with KPI objectives set in place.
- Ensuring effective communication of daily issues with the relevant people.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained throughout the production process including the correct use of protective equipment.
- Monitoring time keeping of production staff, ensuring they are at their work stations on time and the team is well balanced between departments.
- Continually monitoring quality standards.
- Assist in daily ordering of raw materials and planning for the next day.
- Checking shortage orders with despatch and organising for make up of additional products if required.
- Ensuring factory is left clean at the end of production every day and equipment is switched off.
- Proven ability in running a production unit without any further management assistance.
- Proven experience in managing people in a Food environment.
- Communicating with staff in an effective and positive manner.
This position will suit an ambitious and logical thinker that has a passion for food.
Our client is a successful chilled food manufacturer in South Wales
Your application will be reviewed by Michael Page. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Michael Page is a world leading recruitment consultancy.
About Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing
Michael Page International is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specialising in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world. The Group has operations in