This job is no longer available
Interim Product Development NPD Manager
Lincolnshire / East Midlands
You will be working for one of Europe’s leading food companies, committed to delivering excellence in fresh high quality products. Their vision is to be the most effective and efficient organisation of their kind in the industry.
The purpose of the role is to provide strategic focus on product development within all categories, and to act as a dedicated liaison and source of internal expertise on designated major retailer account(s).
The key day-to-day tasks of the Interim Product Development NPD Manager include:
- Managing a portfolio of innovation and development projects that deliver attractive, profitable products, while identifying and maximising opportunities for point of difference and growth through innovation and blue sky thinking
- To grow categories through the successful launches of exciting new products and to drive success through KPI management
- Working in conjunction with strategic marketing to fully realise the potential emanating from consumer insight and customer feedback to fine tune the strategic direction for product development and specification maintenance initiatives
- Devising short, medium and long term plans that feed into and support the delivery of overall strategic 3 year plans for the specific categories.
- Acting as the innovation and development liaison for key business accounts. Developing and nurturing collaborative business relationships internally to ensure that Category Plans are realised and brought to their full potential
Key attributes of the Interim Product Development NPD Manager include:
- Experience of leading a product development team in food manufacturing
- Excellent customer service, people management and project management skills
- Proven track record of achievements with key retailers resulting in tangible business growth and account development/ expansion
- Excellent communicator with the visible passion and enthusiasm for achieving targets, objectives and continuous improvement in a cross-functional team environment
The role is based in Lincolnshire / East Midlands and is paying to £50,000 pro rata depending on experience. This is an interim maternity contract lasting approximately 6 months (possibly slightly longer).
To be considered for the role of Interim Product Development NPD Manager, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01435 866000 quoting reference 54042.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.