Head of Engineering
Head of Engineering
Location: Time spent as appropriate between East Midlands, and various UK Sites
Business Sector: Food & Drink
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to 70k
The confirmed status of our multi site, multi million turnover client as one of the UK’s leading food manufacturers in it’s category has led to excellent growth and the need to recruit for this key position.
Reporting to the Group Operations Director, the Group Head of Engineering will be responsible for driving the Engineering Strategy for all manufacturing sites within the group.
To maximise the use of the diverse and mixed group asset base in order to reduce downtime, to increase output and quality.
You will be the catalyst to ensure best practice engineering is shared among all sites and will play an integral role in successfully driving capital projects.
• Develop and drive a maintenance strategy across all sites to maximise equipment availability
• Ensure effective maintenance practices are in use
• Establish and maintain group engineering standards
• Ensure appropriate skills are developed and in place
• Develop group wide engineering IT platforms
• Establish and review cost controls ensuring spend is appropriate and benchmarked
• Identify and release engineering purchasing opportunities
• Leverage best practice across the group
• Maintain a rolling capital plan in line with business strategy and budgets
• Input to specification & oversee execution of (major) capital projects
• Review capital expenditure and ensure it remains in line with approval and budget
• Review asset base and propose plans to address “equipment at risk”
• Identify innovation & improvement opportunities
• Ensure safe working practices are maintained and all change is managed safely
Ways of working
• The role will report to the Group Operations Director and be part of the Senior Operations team; they will have a small team of project engineers reporting in.
• The HoE will work with the site engineering teams and management utilising them to lead initiatives and improvement projects as appropriate (and negotiated with site FGM’s)