- Manage and drive the technical team to ensure food safety, quality and legality at all times.
- Act as first level decision maker for product/process non-conformance ensuring thorough investigation/corrective action.
- Add value to the business by leading the provision of commercially sensitive, objective, technical expertise.
- Provide direction and support internally and externally in identifying risks, leading the management of incidents / emerging issues and working to improve processes.
- Manage all 3rd party accreditation including successful completion of BRC and all customer audits where applicable
- Lead HACCP Team and review annually.
- Lead customer complaint trending and process to ensure timely and accurate responses are given to customers and trends are escalated to product or process issues where appropriate.
- Ensure the management of the hygiene team and sub-contractors to deliver consistently high standards in line with best practice
- Sufficient experience in a similar role
- Food Science Degree or closely related discipline.
- Industry knowledge within food manufacturing & fresh produce
- Proven team management experience
- Hands on experience of accreditation standards (BRC and ISO)
- Experience of change management
- Experience of internal and supplier auditing
- Ability to lead crisis situations i.e. product withdrawals & recalls
- Good communication skills
- Commercial acumen which facilitates business strategy
- Train the trainer
Chilled Food Manufacturers supplying into Retail
c£50,000 plus benefits
Your application will be reviewed by Michael Page. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Michael Page is a world leading recruitment consultancy.
About Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing
Michael Page International is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specialising in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world. The Group has operations in