Based at their manufacturing site in the North West of England our client, an Ingredient supplier to the Food Manufacturing Industry with an excellent portfolio of products is currently looking to recruit an electrically biased Engineering Manager to deliver the Asset Care plan and provide a World Class engineering support to the site.
Responsibilities will include managing the engineering department in complying with all H&S responsibilities, legal compliance, continuous improvements and maintenance management in respect of production lines, services, buildings and all other ancillary equipment; monitoring and providing information on site energy, utility and effluent usage identifying cost benefits and service improvements.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Managing the maintenance and repair of the production lines to ensure optimum efficiencies and customer service.
- Working within all necessary EH&S legislation proactively raising site standards
- Management of external contractors issuing work permits where appropriate to ensure contractor control is fully enforced
- Development and management of the site energy and waste strategies
- Ensure effective maintenance and repair of all services/facilities/assets
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for efficiency and process improvements
You will need an Electrical background in Engineering from within a Food, Beverage or other FMCG high-speed manufacturing environment, & experience of managing teams of engineers and contractors
You will need experience in management of utilities, facilities, energy management and projects
Experience in H&S Legislation best practice within engineering and a formal EH&S qualification alongside a time served apprenticeship/degree would be ideal.