* Develop innovative and robust packaging solutions on time for innovation projects in line with customer briefs/business strategy.
* To delight and inspire the customer through first to market packaging
* Must be able to visualise concepts through the creation of mock ups
* To stay abreast of changing packaging technologies and solutions and to proactively keep the business and customer informed.
* Develop commercially viable packaging and seek initial concept costs for all new packaging materials and work with purchasing to ensure that negotiation opportunities are maximised. * Provide cross functional support to ensure that packaging is functional and fit for purpose * To active
ly seek solutions that meet environmental requirements and work in line with the customers agenda
* Identify cost saving opportunities and support value creation initiatives
* To create and build strong relationships with customers and suppliers representing the business in a professional manner.
* Ensure visibility of project progress to internal departments and customer
* Provide robust specifications for all Packaging items
* Provide packaging technical expertise internally and externally
* To fully understand legislation pertaining to packaging and advise business accordingly of implications.
* Attend print runs and 1st production runs of key packaging for new items
Skills & experience
* Minimum of 5 years experience within a packaging role is essential.
* Experience within Food Manufacturing is preferred
* Packaging related qualification preferred, ideally degree level or equivalent
* Excellent project and time management skills required
* Must be able to manage multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities * Ability to create a favourable first impression and present effectively
* Creative approach and ability to visualise concepts via mock ups
* Excellent Packaging industry knowledge required to source a diverse range of packaging items