The role will initially include technical administration, specification management, frequent client contact and some soft marketing. It presents a perfect opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic person with a degree qualification and a good grounding in food technology, safety and law. The successful candidate would be expected to develop and progress to consultant level in due course.
The successful applicant will need to be capable of working on a number of projects or activities concurrently and will be a fast learner with an agile mind. Here are just a few of the activities:
- Retailer specification systems for clients
- In-house database administration
- Food sample purchasing, handling, preparation
- Planning and managing product assessments
- Benchmarking products
- Planning and managing audit programmes
- Planning and managing shelf-life assessments
- Product, process and packaging development/advice to clients
- Certification administration
- Helpline duty
- Client and supplier telephone contact
- Preparing reports to clients
Inevitably, excellent spoken and written English are pre-requisites for success as will be a natural talent for report design, content and layout.