To maintain product quality, safety and legality by ensuring procedures within the company are followed. Support the Technical Manager in providing quality, safety and legality throughout the business.
- Monitor pro-actively safety, legality and quality issues relating to raw material, WIP and finished goods in production and warehouses to ensure safety, legality and quality standards are met through the correct implementation of the company’s quality systems.
- Assist in the review and update the company’s Quality Management System.
- Assist in managing and updating non-conformances.
- Assist in the monitoring, updating, investigating and progressing complaints.
- Assist in the control of raw materials and suppliers to ensure they meet company standards.
- Assist in the control of contractors to ensure they meet company standards
- Assist in monitoring and managing technical services.
- Check and file process control sheets and technical information data.
- Participation in internal meetings, training and staff development when required.
- Undertake other duties as required .
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- A food science related degree / qualification.
- Experience / training to Level 2 or above in Food Safety / Level 2 HACCP .
- Competent with computer systems and software.
- Methodical and logical with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of the technical team.
- Ability to handle and keep information relating to the business confidently.
- Ability to plan time effectively.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Reports To: Technical Manager