This job is no longer available
I am currently working with a leading UK bakery manufacturer that has the need to recruit a Bakery NPD Professional to join their successful and well established NPD team. My client has an enviable reputation for delivering quality market leading products being supplied in to the leading foodservice businesses and the major multiples. You will take full responsibility for keeping up with market trends, creating and developing exciting and innovative new products from initial concept through to full factory launch.
This is a customer facing role where you will be responsible for:
- Creating innovative new products from concept through to launch;
- Evaluating and further developing the current range on offer;
- Customer focussed with a strong understanding of foodservice/retailer requirements and processes;
- Lead presentations on new product ideas and attributes to the customer base;
- Identifying new opportunities to drive sales and profitability;
- Working closely with the development, technical and commercial departments to develop new and improved products;
- Working closely with the NPD and productions teams to deliver new products to spec on time and at cost;
- Generate and maintain accurate and timely documentation concerning the NPD critical paths and development process;
- Completion of product testing and verification, specifications and packaging/artwork signoff.
The ideal candidate will be a bakery specialist of graduate calibre with a degree in Food Technology / Science or have relevant management experience gained within the bakery industry. This role would be ideal for a self-motivated and enthusiastic professional with a strong desire to progress your career within product development. Previous experience of managing and delivering successful NPD projects is essential.
To apply in strict confidence please forward your up to date CV, confirming your current salary to Rilwood Associates, Wira House, Wira Business Park, West Park Ring Road, Leeds, LS16 6EB.