This job is no longer available
Allied Technical Centre (ATC) delivers scientific and technical support to the Food industry. Our expertise, innovative solutions and quality of delivery are recognised across the industry.
We're part of Allied Milling and Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £11.1bn and close to 102,000 employees working in 46 countries. In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
The team at ATC are leaders in Food Safety, Food Law, Nutrition, Environmental Management, Cereals Milling and Baking Science, and Consumer Contact Management.
This Specification Technologist role is an exciting opportunity in ATC to be responsible for writing, processing and approving product specifications for baked goods, including those specifications submitted on retailer web based specifications systems such as M&S Find, JS Inspire and Tesco TTL. Using our recipe management system you will support the NPD team with advice on recipes to achieve stated requirements.
The role is a 12 month fixed term contract.
• Timely completion and approval of final product specifications to satisfy requirements of Allied Bakeries customers.
• In-depth understanding of the requirements of individual retailer web-based specifications systems.
• Using Hamilton Grant Recipe Management System, calculation of nutrition and ingredient declarations for Allied Bakeries as well as supporting NPD projects through recipe manipulation and calculations.
• Upload Back of Pack documents onto internal on-line packaging approval system.
• Conduct checks of new packaging to ensure accuracy and compliance against Pack Copy, Codes of Practice and Labelling Legislation.
• Supporting Account Technical Managers with provision of technical and process information.
• Provision of product technical approval information for site external audits and ad hoc enquiries from customers.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
• Degree / equivalent in Food Science or related discipline, or relevant experience is essential.
• Knowledge of Hamilton Grant or other recipe/specification management system is desirable.
• Previous experience in completing major retailer specifications is essential.
• Good numeracy skills and an individual who is competent in the manipulation of technical data is required.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
• Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy and attention to detail is crucial.
If you're ready for a new challenge, you've come to the right place - because Allied Milling and Baking is where opportunity goes to work! If you would like to find out more information please click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Closing date - 22nd February 2013