This job is no longer available
- To ensure full up-to-date specifications are in place and maintained for all packaging materials used on site, and to ensure that any specification changes are effectively communicated in a timely manner to all interested parties.
- Ensure that all new packaging materials are developed with realistic, measurable and agreed specifications.
- Arrange and supervise all necessary on-line and off-line trials to ensure that materials are conforming and performing to specification and are fit for purpose.
- To be fully competent in the operation and maintenance of all centralised and local IT systems used to hold and manage packaging material, Bill of Material, and operational packaging specifications.
- Proactively operate within a lean philosophy ensuring continuous improvements across all areas of business processes are achieved.
- To lead the Production team to issue non-conformance notices to suppliers where materials are outside spec and/or are not performing adequately.
- To attend regular review meetings with packaging material suppliers, where necessary providing documentary evidence of issues to be resolved.
- To investigate and report on any customer complaints related to packaging material performance.
- To lead trials & change in packaging improvements in manufacturing.
- Support and assist during internal and external audits.
Experience / qualifications required:
- Diploma in Packaging Technology would be advantageous
- Strong experience in a production or technical environment within a company involved in high-speed packaging
- Experience of an FMCG environment, preferably in food/beverage production is desirable
- Understanding of Lean Processes
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.