Process Development Technologist
Kerry Foods has a key strategic growth agenda to double business profitability by 2015 - with innovation and NPD as a key enabler, and is investing in the technological capability to deliver this innovation at our manufacturing sites. Following a strategic review of the site Technical and Development functions, we are currently looking for a Process (New Product Introduction) Technologist at our site in Poole, Dorset.
The purpose of this role will be to ensure factory trials are planned, organised and executed using a standardised approach whilst also ensuring that outcomes are effectively captured and communicated to all relevant stakeholder groups.
As Process Development Technologist you will act as a key member of the Technical team, working with R&D to facilitate pilot and scale trials at site level by providing local technical knowledge regarding the manufacturing process and equipment. By identifying and actively planning improvements, you will play a valuable role in ensuring that Kerry Foods' products are loved by our customers.
A career at Kerry offers exceptional opportunities for individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment. The successful candidate can expect to gain access to both in-house and external training opportunities along with a career path that can lead to progression within our Technical, Innovation or R&D functions in the future.
- Organise and co-ordinate factory trial activities to ensure successful trial outcomes and subsequent customer sign-off
- Support R&D Trials at site
- Establish process control parameters, manufacturing instructions and validate product standards which will enable us to manufacture products consistent with product design
- Develop and maintain records which clearly demonstrate due diligence and adherence to the NPI process
- Continuously improve standards set by providing technical support to Practical Problem Solving initiatives
- Co-ordinate the selection of samples during trials to enable follow on sensory and scientific evaluation
- Evaluate Raw Material and Packaging Specifications
- Complete validation of critical food safety processes on a scheduled basis to ensure critical process limits are consistently achieved
- Technically evaluate and report trial outcomes ensuring issues are highlighted and resolved
- NPD or Process Development experience within a food manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience working with baked products (pizza, bakery, patisserie etc.) is advantageous
- Experience working for a supplier to a major UK retail customer is essential
- It is essential that candidates have a good understanding of the key elements of the product launch process
- Understanding of Food Safety & Quality Systems (HACCP) is essential
- The ability to meet deadlines is essential
- Self-discipline and a structured approach to improvement is essential
- Excellent team working skills are essential
- A flexible and adaptable approach is essential
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal are essential
- Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data is essential
- An understanding of the principles and tools of lean is desirable
- Experience of working with chilled food products is desirable
- Candidates will ideally possess a Diploma or higher level qualification in a Food Science related discipline
- Previous titles may have been Process Development, Process Technologist, NPD Technologist, Product Development Technologist, Food Scientist, R&D Technologist
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK