This job is no longer available
The Kerry Group has a strategy to achieve World Class Manufacturing Status for its manufacturing sites through the implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
As Shift Manager at our Hyde Manufacturing site you will lead a cross-functional team to deliver the value stream specific goals using the Kerry Production system.
Your role will be to establish and stabilise your value stream utilising the Kerry Production System to manage activities, ensuring that time, cost, quality, safety, people and environmental targets are met. You will focus on inspiring team members to achieve their potential as well as engaging teams in the use of practical problem solving techniques to deliver continuous improvement and business growth.
A career at Kerry offers exceptional opportunities for individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment. This position would suit an ambitious individual capable of developing the culture of World Class Manufacturing and keen to take advantage of Kerry Foods' commitment to developing the careers of our people.
- Lead the value stream team to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work
- Check that standards set within the value stream are adhered to through layered confirmation
- Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving and other appropriate methodologies
- Perform GAP analysis on manufacturing data to understand where to focus/prioritise problem solving efforts
- Manage the availability of labour against the plan and work with Value Stream Manager and other site based value streams to optimise labour across the site
- Cover essential elements of Value Stream Manager and Team Leader Role in the event of unplanned absence
- Monitor and improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness through implementation of Kerry Asset Management System
- Through analysis of Key Performance Data, identify performance gaps, trends and improvement opportunities and communicate internally using visual management standards in the value stream
- As part of a wider project team assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on the value stream (e.g. Jishuken, Capital, NPD)
- Protect the health and safety of all value stream employees through instituting and adherence to site safety culture
- Conduct risk assessment on all processes and tasks in the value stream, implement countermeasures and mitigation plans to address identified risks
- Monitor and calculate team member performance and adherence to safety Standard Operating Systems
- Coordinate shift maintenance activities in conjunction with engineering team members to deliver planned, reactive and autonomous maintenance
- Experience using world class manufacturing techniques and knowledge of Lean principles is essential
- Understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing
- Experience of building high performing teams
- Knowledge & understanding of manufacturing processes within a FMCG environment
- Experience in identifying and actively planning improvements
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- Ability to solve problems using 8 Step Practical Problem Solving desirable
- Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
- Candidates are likely to be educated to degree level
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK