Business Account Manager - ASDA
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £1 .1 Billion. Operating 16 high-quality convenience food manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and a further 6 in the United States, we employ c.11,000 people providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and food service customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Greencore Food to Go is the UK's leading sandwich manufacturer. It also produces prepared salads and sushi out of its five state-of-the-art facilities in Manton Wood, Nottinghamshire; Bow and Park Royal in London; Crosby in Liverpool as well as Spalding in Lincolnshire. Greencore produces around 400 million sandwiches each year and supplies food to go products to the majority of the UK's retailers.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Account Manager to join our team based in Worksop. One key area of the role is to work with the Account Controller to develop and implement the agreed customer business plan on Sandwiches, Sushi and Café to deliver budgeted sales volume, value and contribution.
- To create and explore opportunities to grow our business within the customer in line with category and customer strategies - managing specific customer projects as agreed with the Account Controller.
- To lead the day to day interface with the customer on Sandwiches, Sushi & Café to ensure that issues are promptly identified and resolved.
- To manage Supply Chain, Technical, NPD or other projects which impact on the customer relationship or Greencore profitability.
- To facilitate the development of joint Business Plans for FTG.
- To work with Marketing & NPD to ensure Greencore deliver commercially viable NPD - to specifically lead NPD on Sandwiches, Sushi and cafe.
- To coordinate customer interfaces with key internal functions - NPD, Technical, Operations, Finance and Planning to ensure a consistent business approach
- To represent Greencore within the customer in a professional manner.
- Based out of Manton Wood, Worksop, but will operate across all of the category's current and future manufacturing sites. This may necessitate travel to the sites and up to 2 overnight stays per week.
- Travel will also be needed to customer meetings and may necessitate overnight stays if required.
- Working hours will need to flexible to respond to customer / business requirements.
- Contact may be required out of hours / weekends / bank holidays in an emergency. Company mobiles must either be switched on or messages checked frequently to respond to an emergency call.
Skills & experience
- Degree standard with at least three years food industry account management experience.
- Effective communicator
- Commercial acumen and negotiating skills
- Project management
- Creative problem solver
- Strategic awareness
- Self-motivated team player.
- Forecasting skills
- Relationship builder