This job is no longer available
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Competitive salary plus benefits
Location – Whitchurch, Shropshire
Over the last five years multi-temperature storage and distribution company Grocontinental Ltd. has enjoyed the most successful and progressive period in its 70 year history. Working with some of the food industry’s top brands, the company has an annual turnover of almost £30 million, employs 300 people and has ambitious growth plans as it enters the next phase of its development.
Working as part of the senior management team responsible for the delivery of our development plans, we are now recruiting a Director of Operations to manage all operational areas of our business. This is a new and high-profile role which will include responsibility for ensuring excellent customer service, streamlining processes and maximising the use of people and capital resources.
• Lead operational delivery in all areas of the business – storage, transport, freight and added-value services
• Ensure industry leading customer service
• Overseeing the streamlining of processes and utilising all resources efficiently
• Lead and manage a high-performing team
• Champion effective and clear communication activities across the business
• Pro-actively develop line management capability
• Ensure continuous improvement methodologies are established across all areas of the operation
• Contribute to the company’s vision and strategic planning processes
The Candidate should:
• Be an experienced senior manager that has operated at a similar level in a food storage and distribution environment
• Possess excellent motivational and communication skills
• Have the ability to evaluate, challenge and innovate to enhance performance
• Be passionate about leading operational improvements and managing change
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of collaborative working
• Have a high level of confidence, knowledge and desire to contribute to the organisations strategic direction
If you are interested and believe you can contribute to the future success of our progressive company, please forward a letter of application and your C.V by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below.
No agencies – thank you