Senior Food Development Technologist - Desserts
Müller UK is the Brand Leader within its market sector and the No. 4 Grocery Brand in the UK. They are dominant in the yogurt category with household name brands such as Müllerlight, Müller Corner and Little Stars.
There is currently an opportunity to work for the Müller Dairy business as a Senior Food Development Technologist on Desserts. This is a commercial position, where your role will be to take accountability for product development based projects from concept through to launch. The position involves negotiation & agreement of timescales whilst working to technical constraints (nutritional, commercial, food law, product proposition) along with advising on factory process capabilities (both within the Müller group & amongst 3rd party suppliers).
To succeed in the role of Senior Food Development Technologist, you will be able to demonstrate a passion for food, as well as being highly motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities. You will enjoy creating products and being able to utilize your technical knowledge to ensure successful production is achieved.
• Active research & investigatory activity in novel technologies (product & process), determining competitive advantage
• Management of product development projects from concept through to launch, participating in cross-functional / multi-disciplined project teams
• Recipe development, pilot plant scale up & subsequent factory implementation
• Liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery
• Liaison with external parties to source and develop new ingredients, processes or products
• Identification, initiation & delivery of cost saving, nutritional improvement & quality driven projects (as well as sourcing / approval of new materials & suppliers
• To execute project within the defined timelines & costs
• To introduce new and improved processes & products
Key Performance Indicators: (Major)
• Product Road Map
• Cost Reduction projects
• Nutritional improvement projects
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrable experience in creative product development, preferably branded
• Knowledge of dairy processing would be beneficial
• Understanding of relevant food legislation and standards, with working knowledge of food law, ingredient lists and nutrition panels
• Analytical / numerical skills with the ability to understand equations / complex mathematical items
• Literate in MS Office associated packages (particularly Excel)
• Ideally degree qualified in an appropriate food or biological science