This job is no longer available
PRODUCTION MANAGER FOR THE CENTRAL PRODUCTION UNIT
Overall responsibility for the management and coordination of the existing Central Production Unit with a view to supporting business growth and overseeing production across a wider region. You will be wholly responsible for operations including all elements of production including bread, pastries and sandwiches for both the artisan and everyday ranges. Responsibilities also include all aspects of packaging, delivery, receiving, warehouse inventory and maintenance consistently improving the production unit’s performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports companies strategic initiatives.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production volume.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 plus years of experience in food plant management
- Strong people leadership skills
- Independent thinking
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.