This job is no longer available
We at Britain’s Top Employer, KFC are looking to recruit a Technical Manager with the passion and talent to grasp an amazing opportunity to grow and develop their career.
Working within our fast paced Restaurant Support Centre the role of Technical Manager is to ensure KFC UK develops and closely manages raw material and supply chain vendors to ensure we are the #1 choice of all QSR users.
Key to this role will be the ability to deliver excellent project management skills to ensure execution of complex project based targets in a timely and cost efficient manner, whilst ensuring product quality, safety and legality
The role will also encompass defining and delivering the future sourcing strategies for KFC UK across the 4 CSR pillars within which we operate
This role will be equally directed at the commercial/business structure management of key suppliers as well as the purely technical areas
At KFC we are passionate about the career growth and development of all our employees. As such, this role is ideal for someone looking to enter a fast paced, dynamic team and looking for opportunities to progress rapidly. There is also potential to forge close relationships with other KFC or YUM markets and even for future international moves.
You will get involved with:
- Driving and monitoring first class quality standards and supplier performance across the supplier base and ensuring that product quality is maintained at all parts of the supply chain
- Deliver technically sound project management; to ensure delivery of complex projects in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Responding to on-going consumer trends, restaurant and customer complaints and supplier initiatives to drive on-going product quality improvement of existing KFC UK products including nutritional improvements.
- Partnering with the NPD (New Product Development) and Marketing team to support the delivery of technically sound new product development that adheres to KFC UK policies within the third party distributors and ensure KFC UK QA systems are fully aligned to the global requirements
• 5+ years experience as a Technical Manager with food service/QSR or retail background
• Fantastic communication skills
• Tonnes of positive energy which leads to a real drive for results
- Preferably educated to degree level in a related subject such as Food Science or Food Technology
- Significant and proven previous technical management experience would be highly advantageous, ideally this will have been gained within the Food Manufacturing, Retail or Food Service environment
- A drive for results and the ability to be the ambassador for the technical agenda on both an internal and external front is essential
- Proven success in technical project management delivery and also the ability to work cross-functionally with supply chain and new product development functions
And the passion, ambition and desire to work for Britain’s Top Employer and grow your NPD career.